Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Registration
FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
REGISTER FOR KINDERGARTEN:
If your child will be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2013
REGISTER FOR TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN:
If your child will be 5 years old between October 2 - December 2, 2013
- When: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- Time: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Where: All Eight (8) Elementary Schools (please register at the school of your attendance area)
- Proof of age: birth, baptismal certificate, passport (original documents required)
- Proof of required immunizations (original documents required)
- Proof of Residency:
- If you own: Property tax, utility bill, plus one other
- If you rent: Lease Agreement, uitility bill, plus one other
Students are eligible to attend Gilroy schools if they live within the boundaries of Gilroy Unified School District.
See Santa Clara County School District Locater
School assignment for grades K-12 is based on district adopted ATTENDANCE AREAS. To find the school assignment for your address click on school finder link below and follow the instructions. Please note some revisions have been made to certain areas.
- Find your school with School Finder
TRANSFERS BETWEEN SCHOOLS FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Choice Intradistrict requests will be accepted after March 1, 2013. You can request and turn in a form at the District Office. Decisions are based on enrollment capacity and enrollment data will not be available unitl Fall 2013.
DUAL IMMERSION PROGRAM
Academic Program for Students to
Become Fluent in Both English and Spanish
Incoming Kindergarten Students Only
For parents/guardians of incoming Kindergarten students interested in the Dual Immersion Program, the following orientation informational meetings are required.
- Rod Kelley Elementary School - (408) 847-1932
- February 26, 2013 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- February 27, 2013 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- March 12, 2013 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Las Animas Elementary School - (408) 842-6414
- February 11, 2013 8:30 am (English) and 12:00 pm (Spanish)
- February 28, 2013 8:30 am (English)
- March 4, 2013 8:30 am (Spanish) and 12:00 pm (English)
- March 7, 2013 8:30 am (English) and 12:00 pm (Spanish)
Please contact the Enrollment Department at (408) 848-7104 for questions/concerns.